Building Resilience To Promote Personal Agility
VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity) is now common place in many organisations. This fast paced and dynamic environment is becoming the “new normal” and if individuals and teams are to thrive in this environment they need to be able to develop the resilience and mental toughness to reframe change and challenges as opportunities rather than as threats.
Building and developing mental toughness and resilience is especially important to those experiencing stress or challenges in the work place, or those wishing to improve performance or wellbeing while working within an environment which is challenging or where there is rapid change experienced.
This dynamic, energetic, engaging workshop challenges participants to unleash their full potential to reach peak performance in their personal and professional life and develop the agility required to thrive within a VUCA environment. The sessions explore the term Mental Toughness, the 4 C’s framework together with practical exercises that develop and introduce strategies and techniques to building resilience and enhance agility.
Participants will gain an understanding of Resilience and Mental Toughness to enable the opportunity to address their personal mindset and consider the strategies they can add to their tool kit to enable them to thrive within a potentially stressful or dynamic fast paced work environment. Participants will be equipped with models and strategies to increase resilience and mental toughness to better deal with setbacks and stressors, and consider the opportunities that exist from increasing agility to work with rapid change and organisational challenges. The session will focus on:
· an understanding that a positive mindset is key to achieving peak performance and success and managing VUCA successfully
· the ability to bounce back and see challenges as opportunities
· increased interpersonal confidence and confidence in own abilities.
· Comprehensive workbook and course materials
· Practical activities and strategies to build resilience and mental toughness
· Opportunities for personal reflection to enhance strategic advantage
· Personal action planning
· Workshop Objectives – to set participant specific objectives
· Introduction to Resilience and Mental Toughness
· Understanding The 4C’s Framework – Control, Commitment, Challenge and Confidence
·Recognising and understanding VUCA and the challenges this represents
· Practical Mental Toughness Development Activities
· Building Mental Toughness – practical skills, tools, techniques and strategies
·Developing opportunities for self-regulation and emotional regulation to self-manage responses to stress and pressure successfully.
·Mental Toughness to manage change and challenges in a fast paced high pressure working environment.
· Recognise the opportunities in “getting comfortable with being uncomfortable”
· Building personal and interpersonal confidence.
· Developing a personal action plan through self-coaching to GROW and goal set effectively